Want to join our leading team of structural engineers?
Are you an enthusiastic Design Engineer who is interested in ingenious lean design? Would you like to be part of a Structural and Civil Engineering team who are involved in high profile projects such as Toybox, Fetal Medicine Foundation and Essex Street? Do you enjoy leading and developing a team?
We are a Structural and Civil Engineering design consultancy with teams based in the UK, Poland and Vietnam. With experience spanning all construction engineering sectors and state-of-the-art Building Information Modelling capabilities, we deliver independent, comprehensive advice to our clients. We believe the company attributes and ethos provides a customer focused and sustainable design solution.
Are you interested in Lean Design Engineering?
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Structural Engineer to join our design team within the Birmingham office. With an involvement in a variety of projects, this is a great chance to further your career within an ambitious, creative and dynamic company.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 5-8 years’ experience, dependent on exposure, within structural engineering who:
· Is a chartered or near chartered engineer
· Has a strong understanding and knowledge of multiple aspects of structural engineering design
· Has an awareness of appointments and contract legislation
· Is computer literate with excellent MS Office skills and a good working knowledge of structural design software
· Help the team to be conversant with the project brief, scope of service and associated timescales
· Assist in the production of in-house design programmes and resourcing schedules to enable efficient service delivery
· Undertake technical and feasibility studies including structural inspections and surveys.
· Supervise and/or check complex calculations and drawings
· Are able to attend design team meetings and enthusiastically engage with stakeholders
then we would like to hear from you.
Exciting package and opportunities
In return for your skills and enthusiasm we will provide a highly competitive salary and offer training and experience to enable you to develop and grow with the company.
The ideal candidate will be a team player, self-driven and forward thinking with the ability to work under their own initiative and with the enthusiasm to want to be a part of a growing and innovative company.
You will be based in our Birmingham office where we offer hybrid working to all our team, helping to provide the flexibility that gives a good work/life balance.
In return for your skills and enthusiasm we will provide a competitive salary (£40,000-£48,000), up to 100 hours training per year, 25 days annual leave per year, 5% matched pension, Life Insurance, High Street discounts and other benefits.
Don’t delay – apply today
To apply send an email with CV and covering letter, explaining why you would be the right candidate, to Janet Tyson at email@example.com.
Full Job Description and Person Specification – Senior Structural Engineer – May 2022
Please note – Strictly no agencies.